Our leading software client have an urgent requirement for an experience C++ Developer.
Applications and features include:
- Managing pools of development hardware connected on the local LAN.
- Loading and running game code from a PC on the development kit.
- Performing firmware updates and package installs.
- Windows Explorer integration including a file system driver.
- Capturing and displaying console, video and screen output.
- Remote Devkit settings management.
- Capturing and viewing target event logs.
- Recording controller and other input devices and replaying to the development kit.
- A real-time Memory Analyser application.
We are continuously adding new features and developing new tools; we have a strong focus on usability and stability.
- Design, code and test software tools
- Deliver work to schedule
- Participate in code and documentation reviews
- Provide estimates for tasks
- Provide input to technical writers producing documentation
- Work with support engineers on customer issues
- Occasionally there are opportunities to attend conferences in the USA and Europe and to visit customers to demonstrate products
As a Software Engineer you will be working as part of a team in an Agile/Scrum environment. You will be responsible for developing new and improving existing features on our Target Manager suite of tools and applications. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate exceptional design and coding skills, a desire to explore ideas and, above all, have a passion for quality!
Qualifications and experience:
- Computer Science related degree or similar equivalent work experience.
- 4 years practical experience in software development.
- Strong C++ development and debugging skills.
- Experience of UI design and implementation.
- A solid understanding of software testing techniques including writing unit tests.
- An understanding of IDEs and Debuggers.
- Knowledge of, and experience in, all of the following:
- Version control systems.
- Microsoft Windows as a software development environment.
- Experience of interfacing with networks and hardware eg. TCP/IP, USB.
- Experience of writing user and kernel mode drivers eg. WinUSB.
- Experience of Windows device driver models (WDM).
- Knowledge of: C#, DirectX, Dynamic “scripting” languages such as Python, Lisp or Ruby, Continuous Integration
|Job Category||Software Development|